Air cargo security training covers the competencies of 11.2.7 & 188.8.131.52. It is designed for staff involved in implementing security controls for cargo and mail other than screening or persons having access to identifiable air cargo/ mail (Includes those staff directly involved in the handling/preparation of air cargo) and those involved in the preparation/checking of paper work).
Course Duration & Certification
The online course takes approximately 2-3 hours to complete. It is made up of smaller units which last anywhere between 15 and 30 minutes, at the end of each unit there while be between 3 and 5 questions to answer before you can proceed to the next unit. On completion of the air cargo security training, you have to achieve a minimum of 85% pass mark before you will be issued with a certificate. Trainees will also receive a training badge with photo. As well as a digital certificate created from the certificate/badge QR code, which can be retained on your mobile phone for proof of training being completed.
For drivers not loading or unloading secure air cargo onto a vehicle then general security awareness training 11.2.7 maybe sufficient, please read for further details General Security Awareness Training 11.2.7
- Awareness of the relevant legal requirements.
- Previous acts of unlawful interference, terrorist acts and current threats and knowledge of elements contributing to the establishment of a robust and resilient security culture in the workplace and in the aviation domain, including insider threat and radicalisation.
- Knowledge of the objectives and organisation of aviation security, including the obligations and responsibilities of persons implementing security controls in the supply chain.
- Understanding of procedures for challenging persons and of circumstances in which persons should be challenged or reported.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures.
- Ability to identify prohibited articles.
- How to respond appropriately to the detection of prohibited articles.
- Prohibited articles & protecting cargo and mail
- Entity designation and union database
- Transportation requirements for secure air cargo and documentation.
Check out our full range of classroom aviation security courses at http://www.wdtraining.ie
Below are the lesson details Competencies for 184.108.40.206 as stated in EC regulation 2015/1998
WELL ORGANISED AND EXPLAINED
Basically a solid training. A lot of theory that is after a while tough to stay concentrated on, but that can't be changed as it is.