(Last Updated: 02nd February 2021)
This website is owned and operated by WD Training & Employment Centre Ltd, trading as WD Training Centre.
WD Training Centre is an Irish entity, headquartered in Dublin, located at 27 Stadium Business Park, Ballycollin, D11 KD59.
This policy aims at explaining in a simple and clear way how WD Training Centre processes the personal information that you provide by using, accessing, registering or any other action you can have on this website, in accordance with any applicable privacy laws including the European Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”).
Legal Bases for Processing Personal Data
- our legitimate interests in conducting our business in a responsible and commercially prudent manner. We will not process your personal data for these purposes, if to do so, would constitute an unwarranted interference with your own interests, rights and freedoms;
- the performance of a contract with you;
- to take steps at your request prior to entering into a contract with you;
- to comply with our legal and regulatory obligations; and
- your consent.
Where we process special categories of data, such as data relating to your identity, this will be done on the basis of either:
- Your explicit consent; or
- Compliance with our legal and regulatory obligations.
Data collected on the basis of consent
Upon your request and expression of consent, we collect the following data for the purpose of providing services to you. Your data is not used for any other purposes or shared with third parties. It is removed upon your withdrawal of consent or your request to terminate these services.
Trainee Participation in Online Training Course
We always endeavour to retain the minimum amount of personal information for trainees. Required trainee details include the following:
Training Snapshot Images (Security Restricted Courses Only)
Due to the nature of aviation security training containing nationally security restricted information, national legislation (NCASP) and EC regulations 2015/1998 requires, only authorised persons may have access to this information, which must be regulated and monitor. To this end, during such training courses, trainees will be notified of the requirement for snapshot images taken from their device webcam.
No video motion footage is recorded, nor is audio footage recorded. A snapshot every 30 seconds is taken, which is required for validation purposes at the end of the course.
Retention of Trainee Images
It has been approved with the national appropriate authority for aviation security in Ireland that trainee images will be retained for a period of 14 days for audit/inspection purposes, after which time images will be automatically deleted from our secure system and no copies will be retained.
To prevent unauthorized access or disclosure, to maintain data accuracy, and to ensure the appropriate use of the information, WD Training Centre has appropriate physical and managerial procedures in place to safeguard the information we collect.
To protect your privacy and security, WD Training Centre will also take reasonable steps to verify your identity, such as a password and user ID, before granting you access to your data. Certain areas of the website may limit access to specific individuals through the use of passwords and other personal identifiers.
www.aviationcourses.ie use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption when collecting or transferring sensitive data such as credit card information. SSL encryption is designed to make the information unreadable by anyone but us.
This security measure is working when you see either the symbol of an unbroken key or closed lock (depending on your browser) on the bottom of your browser window.
Name, email address, content of the comment: this data is collected when you leave a comment and it is displayed on the Website.
If you leave a comment on the Website, your name and email address will also be saved in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will be saved on your computer until you delete them.
Under the EU GDPR, you have the following rights, which apply in certain circumstances and subject to certain restrictions, in relation to your personal data:
- the right to access your personal data;
- the right to request the rectification and/or erasure of your personal data;
- the right to restrict the use of your personal data;
- the right to object to the processing of your personal data;
- where our processing of personal data is based on you having provided your consent or the processing is necessary for the performance of a contract with you, you have the right to receive your personal data, which you provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format or to require us to transmit that data to another controller; and
- where our processing of your personal data is based on you having provided consent, the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time.
Cookies and Web Beacons
Like any other website, www.aviationcourses.ie uses ‘cookies’. These cookies are used to store information including trainee progress. The information is used to optimize the users’ experience by customizing our web page content based on visitors’ browser type and/or other information.
If you wish to exercise any of the rights set out above, please contact us at email@example.com
WD Training Centre
27 Stadium Business Park