Course Description (Version January 2022)
The following course covers the competencies of air cargo security 220.127.116.11 and BSAT 18.104.22.168, as well as inclusive of general security training 11.2.7. It is designed for staff involved in implementing security controls for secure air cargo and/or mail other than screening, that also require an airside pass and access into the security restricted areas of an airport.
Course Duration & Certification
The online course takes approximately 3.5 hours to complete. It is made up of smaller units which last anywhere between 10 and 15 minutes. At the end of each unit there while be between 3 and 5 questions to answer before you can proceed to the next unit. On completion of the cobimed air cargo security / BSAT training, you have to achieve a minimum of 85% pass mark before you will be issued with a certificate. Trainees will also receive a training badge with photo. As well as a digital certificate created from the certificate/badge QR code. The digital badge can be retained on your mobile phone for proof of training being completed.
- Awareness of the relevant legal requirements.
- Previous acts of unlawful interference, terrorist acts and current threats.
- Knowledge of elements contributing to the establishment of a robust and resilient security culture in the workplace and in the aviation domain, including insider threat and radicalisation.
- Knowledge of the objectives and organisation of aviation security, including the obligations and responsibilities of persons implementing security controls in the supply chain.
- Understanding of procedures for challenging persons and of circumstances in which persons should be challenged or reported.
- Knowledge of reporting procedures.
- Ability to identify prohibited articles.
- How to respond appropriately to the detection of prohibited articles.
- Prohibited articles & protecting cargo and mail.
- Entity designation and union database.
- Transportation requirements for secure air cargo and documentation.
- Understanding the configuration of screening checkpoints
- Airport ID Cards & Reporting Procedures
Check out our full range of classroom aviation security courses at https://www.wdtraining.ie
Below are the lesson details Competencies for 22.214.171.124 as stated in EC regulation 2015/1998
BSAT Airport Security Awareness Additional Competencies for 126.96.36.199 as stated in EC regulation 2015/1998