What Is A SeMS ?
A Security Management System (SeMS) is there to proactively develop and maintain an effective oversight and quality assurance process within your organisation. It is about taking a systemic approach to managing security risks, in ways which serve to instil security in the routine daily activities of an organisation and indeed its very culture.
This course provides the fundamentals of how to develop and maintain an effective Security Management System as required under the NCASP.
A SeMS will allow:
- Security risks to be managed at the right level, overseen by company boards;
- Activities to be measured to provide management information on security performance;
- People within an organisation who are accountable for maintaining rigorous security standards to have access to sufficient and reliable performance data; and
- A culture that promotes high-security standards throughout the company.
A SeMS achieves this by providing an organised, systematic approach to managing security which embeds security management into the day-to-day activities of the organisation and its people.
Who should take part in this course?
- Security Compliance Managers
- Responsible Persons For The Site SeMS
- Site Security Managers
- Accountable Managers
- Security Consultants
- Training Managers
This training course will include the following topics:
- Introduction to Security Management Systems
- Management Commitment
- Threat and Risk Management
- Accountability and Responsibilities
- Performance Monitoring, Assessment and Reporting
- Incident Response
- Management of Change
- Continuous Improvement
- SeMS Education
- How to implement a Security Management System
Curriculum is empty